National College of Ireland is committed to the development of sporting excellence and awards sports scholarships to students to promote and foster sporting talent within the College.
The scholarship initiative is an investment in student potential, and endeavours to tailor performance-based components with financial support so students can maintain a dual focus on academic and sporting progression.
Sports scholarships are reserved for full-time registered students who have reached or have the potential to reach a very high level of performance competing at International, National, Inter-provincial or Inter-county level.
High Performance Scholarship
Each scholarship is awarded for a three-year period subject to application criteria and conditions.
The sports scholarship package offer successful students a combination of the following supports to help students realise their potential and achieve their goals.
- Financial bursary of €2,000
- Annual gym membership including individual training programme
- Personal training sessions with a leading fitness professional
- Nutrition and dietary advice with a leading fitness consultant
- Sport motivation and peak performance coaching with a leading expert
- Academic and learning development advice and ongoing support
- Financial support for sports-related expense
- Branded athlete pack
Sports Scholarship Application Form